Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, February 23, 2015

Traveling to California Wine Country

Y'all know I have spent a lot of time in Wine Country . . . But this was a new adventure for me.
I actually flew out to meet friends in Los Alamos ~ California wine country!


You could almost see the Hollywood sign as we flew into LAX.

The drive up the pacific coast hiway in my rented convertible (ok... not really!) was amazing. Those beaches are so different for 'our' white sandy beaches.
This area north of Santa Barbara is such a beautiful area. There Lovely vineyards and rolling hills.
Of course I had to get my GPS to direct me to the nearest Trader Joe's to pick up my share of appetizers and snackies.

We stayed at the Skyview Motel. . . a real throw back to the roadside motels that we remember growing up.
Our first stop was at Zuca Mesa Winery, then right down the road fun and funky Martian Vineyard. The scenery was Beautiful, and the local growers were so proud of their nice wines.

Our last stop of the day was Frequency Wines in Los Alamos, another very good boutique winery. I liked the glass so much I had to bring one home.
Most fun of all . . . Sharing it all, sharing fun memories with long time Slow Traveling friends.



I am also joining Our World Tuesday
Y'all enjoy the ride~
Sandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails