Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, December 09, 2013

Chunky Gingerbread Cookies

This is a repeat of a post I did 6 years ago (yes. . . 6 years of blogging ) This is my favorite cookie and mi amici Gail of  Gail's Great Escapes introduced me to them.

We have been known to share a pinch of a cookie from the Fickle Pickle. They have a gingerbread cookie that had me dying for more. Since we are a long way from Roswell, I got out my apron and started adding a pinch of dis and a pinch of dat.

It may not be the real thing~ but I'll bet my Georgia lotto ticket you will love these


Double Chocolate Ginger Cookies

1 box gingerbread mix*
1 Tbs cocoa powder
6 Tbs butter
1/4 cup diced ginger
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
Pre-heat oven to 350°

Combine mix with melted butter and water. Add cocoa powder and stir until well combined. Add diced ginger. Combine flour and chocolate chunks and stir until blended. Using a small ice cream scoop place rounded scoops of cookie dough about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cool on a rack.
* I used a different kind of mix this time and added the amount of butter that was called for on the box. The secret is the chunky ginger and chunky chocolate.

I also got a bit of  Christmas decorating done . . . Y'all will love my blue kitchen candy-cane and cookie cutter tree.



Don't forget to check in at Smiling Sally for more blues and Boogie Board Cottage for her Masterpiece Monday.
Y'all enjoy ~

Sandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails