Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Traveling Tuesdays ~ Edinburgh

Rob and I have been comparing our trips to Edinburgh. I stayed in the up-scale and swanky Scotsman Hotel ~ fabulous!He stayed just down the Royal Mile at the Edinburgh Youth Hostel . . . at about 1/10th the cost. After that, our trips were very similar. We both agree that our favorite restaurant is Amber We each wandered the Royal Mile. ~OK, I may have stopped in a few more shops than he did.We were awed by the beauty of the open aired chapel at Holyrood.A place we both would love to go again.
After hearing a few stories, I have decided that those youth hostels are for the young :-)

Now . . . where is everyone else traveling this tuesday?
Y'all enjoy the ride~
Sandi

4 comments:

Mari said...

What a cool place! I would love to visit there - but not stay in a hostel!

Elz said...

I went to Edinburgh WAY back. I think I was in 7th grade (we lived in Britain at the time). My husband went several years ago. I'm quite sure our trips were very different!

Lina Thomlinson said...

I have hopes to visit Edinburgh soon. I've been itching to go ever since I saw Case Histories last year. Well, I'd wanted to go before that but that show clinched it.

Jerry said...

Looks lovely! My post is a 'titch' different this week. . . but it is travel related - honest!

Related Posts with Thumbnails