Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pomodori e Vino ~ Prune Gelato

Marcella's gelato recipe is the perfect time to show off my Cuisinart hand mixer. After all~ I'm trying to save face after the 'no double boiler' incident.
Let me say though... Marcella commented that it was years before she had a proper double boiler :-) We know it didn't hurt her kitchen at all.
Of course... as promised I did get my double boiler for mother's day :-{). Thank you!
Now...back to my smart stick. This smart stick is a clever kitchen tool. It is a mini food processor, a hand-held immersion blender, and a whisk stick.
Which is all that is needed to make a batch of fresh gelato... well, that and an ice cream machine. As a good southerner~ of course I have one of those.
Prune gelato. Of all the gelatos in the' Essentials of Italian Cooking' to make... my luck to draw prune gelato. It is simply not my favorite. It's a good thing there is also a recipe for Banana Rum, Egg custard, Lemon and Strawberry. Those are all my favorites!
I bet I will be eating my share of gelato in Italy next week too.
Ciao y'all~
Sandi

4 comments:

Tanna said...

Sandi, we are taking a jaunt to Rome in the fall... I will have to pick your brain on must-visit places!

I love prunes, so I think I would love this gelato!! blessings ~ tanna

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

I need to get myself a smart stick - love those multipurpose gadgets! Have a wonderful time in Italy - look forward to reading about it - Cheers!

Justabeachkat said...

Not sure I would like prune gelato either.

I wish I was with you in Italy. Have a wonderful time and take lots of photos.

Hugs,
Kat

Stitchfork said...

Maybe if you called it Plum Gelato...
xo Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails