Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, November 22, 2010

Blues ~ a photo op

This was a big weekend for Bill and his mom 'Mrs. Mac'.
Fannie Flagg was in town for her book signing for "I Still Dream About You"... I was visiting my girlfriend Gail (of Gail's Great Escapes fame )... so left him with some strict instructions to TAKE the CAMERA.
I should have left stricter instructions... like TAKE PICTURES
We were lucky enough to get one photo for the blog. (or else I would have been really blue)
They did have a fabulous time and Mom was tickled pink to get to spend time talking with Fannie. She has ment so much to this family. . . and we love her dearly. Now, y'all need to rush out and buy her new book. It is another example of her southern storytelling, woven into a tale about her favorite city of Birmingham Alabama. It will make a great Christmas present!
Don't forget to check in at Smiling Sally for more blues.
y'all enjoy~
Sandi

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I adore Fanni Flagg! I remember her Fried Green Tomatoes. What a great novel. I'll bet this one is a winner too!

Happy Blue Monday, Sandi.

LV said...

I am avid reader. I do not recall reading this one. I go the the library and get most of mine. I was spending too much money when buying.

joyh82 said...

I love the Fannie Flagg and finally just got my Mom talked into trying her books. Great photo!
Joy at Books and Life

Verna Luga said...

wow, I should check books... dropping by for blue Monday.
Blue Monday here

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Sally~ I have my signed copy. Now all I need is a blue monday to read it.
LV~ This is a new release. Keep your eyes open at the library!
Joy~ I see this on your mom's holiday list
Vernz~ thanks for stopping by.

Char said...

this is definitely on my to read list - any book about Bham but especially hers.

barb cabot said...

Love the pic and the happy reunion. I will for sure buy this book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails