Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lost Recipes???

Last night I spent an hour looking for this recipe that my sister gave me. Does that drive you crazy??

Now I am going to post it where I will always know where it is. I have all my recipes on the side bar... I may never have to publish another cookbook. Now if I would just throw away that stack of newspaper clippings and magazine recipes.

This Spicy Thai Bowl is a favorite with chicken or shrimp... perfect to use up some leftovers.


Spicy Thai Bowl
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup LIGHT coconut milk
3 Tbs red curry paste
juice from a fresh lime
1 Tbs grated ginger
1-2 cups fresh steamed green beans
1/2 red pepper cut into strips
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
lime wedges for garnish
1 store-roasted chicken shredded (2 cups meat)
2 cups cooked rice

In a deep saucepan over low heat, whisk together chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice and curry paste. Add ginger, shredded chicken and steamed green beans. Cook until heated. Stir in cilantro and serve mixture over rice with a lime wedge. You will love this! It is so simple and yet so tasty.
Now... to clean out that recipe drawer~
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

2 comments:

Char said...

oh yum - I had a bit of thai yesterday and was in heaven.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Thanks Char!
I'm checking this recipe again... It is a quick and easy go-to meal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails