Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Great Pancake Cook-off

While we were all at the beach, we decided to have a pancake cook-off. Not any pancake cook off... but The Great Perdido Pancake Cook-off. We were hoping that our Dad would be the ultimate judge (he has the most experience with pancakes), but unfortunately he wasn't able to make it.
I knew ahead and packed accordingly. I planned to make my sourdough pancakes (knowing dad is partial to sourdough). I put the sourdough starter in a zip loc bag and packed the dry ingredients separately. A little butter and Aunt Jemima on top and they were fantastic.

My sister was a little more sneaky... I should have known when she was buying a pancake MIX, chocolate chips, coconut and almonds. I think her secret was the light Aunt Jemima syrup- at least that kept us from all going into a sugar coma. Her almond joy pancakes were announced the winner.
I hate to loose!
Just wait till next year...
Sandi

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Sandi, What a GREAT tradition! I am sure your's were delicious. I know there will be a great comeback! Good luck, my friend!

Holledayz said...

You are right, The Col. would have chosen the Sourdough....but I had the chocolate advantage and the kids vote! Next year everyone will be over 21...that gives me an idea! Hugs!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Leigh~ I am working on that great comeback!
Sis~ I can see where you are going with that... margarita or bushwacker pancakes??

Related Posts with Thumbnails