Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, July 31, 2009

Southern Cooking

Bill and I are excited to be doing a cooking demo at Birmingham Bake and Cook Co. Susan Green and I have been waiting for tomato season... and now we are ready. We will be showing how simple it is to fry up a mess of green tomatoes using our Fried Green Tomato Batter Mix . We are also going to marinate and grill chicken and vegetables, then finish the evening with a cobbler using fresh berries and local peaches. If you haven't been by Birmingham Bake and Cook, it is a cooking store and much More! Susan offers all kinds of cooking classes and demos. I am planning on signing up for the pizza classes on August 27th.

Our southern cooking class is August 12th. Click on the classes link if you want to join us! It will be fun... Bill is full of stories about the cafe and that novel Fannie Flagg wrote. There will be good food for everyone.

See y'all there~
Sandi

5 comments:

nanny said...

Wish I could be there to eat some of your tomatoes!!! bet they are delicious!!! Have a good day!

Beth said...

I think you and Bill should come to Rhea Co. TN and do a demo! ;)

theUngourmet said...

I wish I lived closer! ;0)

Anonymous said...

An evening with you and Bill in the kitchen will be a memorable experience. Those lucky folk who attend will have a brilliant time!

Have a great weekend Sandi!

Tamara Jansen said...

I so wish I could be there! I really need some tips to pump up my dinner menu :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails