Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, June 01, 2009

Orvieto


Today we stopped in Orvieto on our way to Montisi.
This is the perfect Tuscan villiage. I have posted many pictures of the beautiful cathedral in Orvieto. It is amazing with it's black, white and red marble.The mosaic tiles on the front are unbelievable.

Orvieto is also a hot spot for Italian ceramics... not the kind you can find at TJMaxx, but unique and beautiful pieces. We stopped in at Palma's favorite shop across from the cathedral... He was glad to see us coming!
Ciao y'all!
Sandi

4 comments:

Jerry said...

Hmmmmm - I thought Oriveto was in Umbria . . . LOL I'm glad you're having fun!

Unknown said...

OMG I have been out of computer commission....we absolutely love Montisi. Are you ballooning?? With Robert and Liz? If so, please tell them hello from us. I am so jealous...but ever so glad that you are there. I am off to the beach, however....which is wonderful on Thursday.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

love,love,love these pictures!

girasoli said...

I love Orvieto! Glad you were able to stop there on your way to Montisi. Love the photo of the smiling cappuccini :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails