Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday Slow Soupers

I have posted many times about the 'web' friends I have made through Slow Travel. We are folks from all over, with common interests and a zest for life. Apparently we also have a zest for food! We have posted ice cream recipes as the Sunday Slow Scoopers and baking recipes as the Sunday Slow Bakers.

Last November we decided to become the Sunday Slow Soupers (do you see the pattern here?) We each took a week and posted our favorite soup. All of the soups are listed on my side bar... under the title 'soups on!' It is like a handy cookbook to have all the recipes right there~ I rely on it myself.

Each soup was wonderful... Bill is admittedly not a soup eater and gave up months ago. I have enjoyed all of them. There was quite a variety~ from Gumbo to curry soup. If anything, I have realized that making a fresh homemade soup doesn't have to be that hard. The fresh ingredients really make a difference.

Now that we have worked our way around the world with soups, we are moving on... Drinks? Desserts?? Diets???

Y'all will have to come back next Sunday!
Sandi

15 comments:

nanny said...

nothing better than a good bowl of soup, to me! Wish my husband felt that way. He has 2 rules for soup, He has to be sick and it has to be cold weather. Duh, those two don't happen often (guess I am glad of that) So I eat soup for lunch, when he isn't home. very pretty mosiac, wish I knew how to do that!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

How fun is that??! Love a good homeade soup.
Cures what ails ya!

Joyce said...

Can't wait to see what you post next Sunday. This is fun!
Joyce

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nanny~ Those 2 rules crack me up! Bill follows the same rules.
Linda~ you would know fun girl!!
Joyce~ see you on sunday.

barb said...

well Sandi I must say soupers were my favorite so much anticipating next Sunday.

Annie said...

I love your collage!

Souping was fun. My first gumbo and first time making roux, thanks to you!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love to make and eat home made soups, Sandi, so I've enjoyed seeing your recipes.

Can't wait to see what culinary group you'll be tackling next!

Holledayz said...

How did you do that collage...you ate a lot of soup sister!
Cheers!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Doodles & Pat~ I really enjoyed the soup too... come back sunday.
Annie~ If I got a few people to make gumbo (and like it)I have done my best! Gotta stand up for some good southern cooking.
Holly~ I made the collage with picasa. And I can honestly say I ate every bowl! You may see some repeats in Montisi.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

cant wait!

grace said...

well, i know exactly where to come when i'm craving a new type of soup! ya'll made a lot of goodness in those 22 weeks, didn't ya!

Marcia said...

Sandi, I love that collage of the soup bowls, you have inspired me to even consider I might be able to do something like that someday. I think we could do another soup season next winter - miles of recipes still out there.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Leigh~ Ye-a 'can't wait' to get to the beach! LoL
Grace~ this can be recipe central!
Marcia~ I agree, soups next winter will be a good idea. I need to stay away from the desserts.

Unknown said...

oh I love that subject. I was given the ultimate soup cookbook as a gift. its about three inches thick! I haven't been able to use it as our kitchen is not finished yet. Soon,,,soon....

nancyhol said...

I love your collage!

And I too think we should do soup again next fall/winter. It was so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails