Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, April 16, 2009

More egg salad

Before Easter I died some Easter eggs and posted about my favorite easy egg salad...

Someone suggested I try olives in my egg salad. Hmmmm~ I thought about it. Then I did just that. Actually I used a couple of tablespoons of my favorite olive tapenade from Costco. It was fabulous!
If you haven't tried this tapenade, it is good on bruschetta and pizza. Now we can add egg salad to that list.

Y'all try it!
Sandi
Barbara reminded me that I didn't include any kind of recipe... what kind of cooking blog is this???
3 hard boiled eggs
2 Tbs diced olives (I used the tapenade)
1 Tbs mayo
Dice the peeled eggs and stir in the olives. Add enough mayo to bring it to the right consistency. Salt and Pepper if you'd like. My tapenade is mixed olives and olive oil~ so I didn't need any.
Thanks for keeping me straight!
This post was featured on Photograzing!

7 comments:

nancyhol said...

Egg salad with olives sounds great! I'll have to try that!

Barbara said...

Sounds great...is there a recipe?
If not I will justt experiment.
Thanks for suggestion.

Barbara said...

Hope you do more red aprons..my daughter would just die for one of those. I will keep checking aback.

lululu said...

simply looking at your photo makes me want a big bite!!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nancy~ It really is fabulous!
Barbara~ Ummmm a recipe? :-)
What an idea~ I'll add my experiment and you can try that.
And I'll get busy on some aprons!
LuLuLu~ that is one BIG bite isn't it!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Sandi, we went to the tea party...I posted. :) some contention on that one. Wish ya'll had been there.

That olive stuff sounds great! And we stopped at Burris' on our girls trip down to the beach to pick up fruit.

Penny said...

I've used olives, but I can't wait to try the tampenade. Thank you for the wonderful idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails