Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Little bugger~

Remember those beautiful hostas I moved the other day? Well, I went out to water them and look...
What the?????

Some little bugger decided that they looked too yummy to pass up. I guess they heard we were sampling salads on Sunday.
Well, now they will also know that Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner~ because I have sprinkled them with cayenne pepper.
Do y'all think it will work?
Sandi

8 comments:

nanny said...

Hope it works,,,let us know if it does. Doesn't that make you sick.
Something dug my impatiens up the night I planted them. Just threw them aside and kept digging in the hole. Looked so funny, like I dug the hole and never planted the flowers. I just replanted in same holes and they are still standing///so far!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nanny~ I think these are deer. They come out of the woods at night and will eat anything that looks tender. So Far, So Good!

Anonymous said...

Deer LOVE Hostas. Before we moved to civilization, I had a heck of a time with the deer eating every hosta I had.

Good Luck with the Hot Pepper!!

Char said...

it should work...unless the deer love mexican food

Mari said...

Doesn't that make you mad? I hope it works.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Terry~ I live in the middle of civilization! (Target is 2 miles away~ you can't get more civilized than that!)
Char~ My luck these will be some Mexican immigrant deer.
Mari~ I am counting on these being southern kudzo eating deer.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOL ya'll are too funny !

Cinco de Mayo is a BIG celebration for use because it is my Sweetie's birthday. We have our once a year Margaritas :)

(())

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OHHHH nooo! Serves it right. Sad hostas they were so pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails