Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, July 10, 2008

Grill it~

I had already gotten out some chicken sausages to grill for dinner. That was before I rushed off to buy the bushel of squash!



I just sliced one of the larger yellow squash and marinated it for a short time in our WhistleStop Marinade. I threw it on the griddle with my sausages and some asparagus.




Y'all need to try these sausages from Costco. Chicken with spinach, fontina cheese, and garlic. They are quick and oh so easy. Add a salad, and you have a full meal.
Perfect!
Sandi

8 comments:

pam said...

Sandi, I love grilled sausage! This looks so good!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am going to try that squash this weekend.....mary

Anonymous said...

We are visiting my brother this week. I have a foccaccia in the oven and he will make fish soup. Perfect dinner :-)

Marie said...

Thanks for the heads-up on that chicken sausage at Costco. Sounds yummy...and I love grilled veggies. The squash looks wonderful.

Donna Kay said...

Sandi - that's LOOKS wonderful - grilled squash - I never would have thought to do that - I need to order some of that marinade - Thanks for all the wonderful recipes!!
Bless....
Donna

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Pam~ This is a great chicken sausage
Mary~ we'll be eating squash all weekend too.
Britt-Arnhild~ I'll be right over!
Marie~ costco is my favorite...next to the piggly wiggly of course.
DonnaK~ OK! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sandi-I'll have to try that version of the chicken sausages. I love the apple chicken sausages they sell at Costco. On the sweet side, so I've only used them at brunch. The grilled squash also looks great. I think that's my favorite way to cook it, but I've never used a glaze or marinade. Yum!

Tina Leavy said...

ok I know where to go for dinner..LOL gosh Sandi..all this food looks so delish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails