Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bella Italia

It was just a quick hop and we flew into Pisa from London. Seeing the leaning tower for the first time is just an awesome experience. I couldn't resist a pair of those leaning tower boxer shorts. A little shopping, a lot of pictures, and we were off again. Pictures to follow... of the tower not the shorts!
A beautiful drive to Florence in our rental car. It is not the tiny smart car I had envisioned, we are in a hot little Alpha Romeo. Thank goodness there is plenty of room for luggage. We have a tom-tom named Thomas-Thomas (said with an Italian accent), who will keep us from getting lost. -I hope!


There is nothing like a cappuccino over looking the Arno River. The coffee tastes better... I think it has to do with the chatter of Italian voices in the background.





There is so much to see in a few days. The leather shops near San Lorenzo and Mercato Centrale are calling us first. We are planning lunch at Trattori ZaZa where they have a 3-soup plate with bread and vino. We will spend some time around Ponte Vechio and wandering the streets of Florence.



David is waiting for me!






Ciao y'all,
Sandi

5 comments:

kellypea said...

Hey! We're headed there in July, but staying in Italy. How cool! I'm not sure I'll be able to blog though, which is a bummer. Have a GREAT time!

Tonja said...

Sp glad you are having fun! I know it must be beautiful! Tell David "Hi".

Justabeachkat said...

We loved seeing the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It's amazing. I hope you went in the church too. Just gorgeous.

I drank cappuccino's every day we were in Italy. So yummy.

David is a sight to behold for sure.

Have fun!

Hugs!
Kat

Jeanne said...

Oh my how lucky! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of all the beauty.

Sandi McBride said...

Thanks for the post, Sandi, I'm sure you've better things to do, but thank goodness for you, apparently you haven't cottoned on to it yet!
Sandi

Related Posts with Thumbnails