Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Remembering

I know St Patrick's day is over, but I have one more great saying... then I'll move on to something new. There are not as many good Easter Bunny sayings~

May you never forget that which is worth remembering,
Or remember that which is best forgotten.

I made a beer bread with Guinness... It can't get any easier than this!

Guinness Bread
1 Guinness stout
3 cups self-rising flour
3 Tbs sugar
In a large bowl combine flour and sugar. Add beer a little at a time. Mix well, the batter will be thick and sticky. Pour into a buttered loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes until golden brown.
Guess who got a slice before I could get a picture??
Surely he knows the rules by now!
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

8 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I for one love all the Irish sayings...and I love beer bread, too! And here we are, Spring is really just around the corner!
Sandi

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Haha did he slather butter over it first? Thats what I would have done :)

windycorner said...

Thanks for the recipe. It doesn't get any easier than that.
Holley

Sugar Bear said...

Bring on the bread. Yummy.
Karla

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Sandi~ spring is just around the corner.
Shabby~ but of course... butta!
Holley~ easy is always better for me
Karla~ thanks for stopping in.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Sounds so yummy....Mary

Tami said...

I make this bread too. Love the leftovers the next morning toasted with butter and jam. Sounds kinda weird but it's good!

Chiara said...

that sounds totally yummo

Related Posts with Thumbnails