Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, March 22, 2008

Early Easter

Has anyone else wondered why Easter is so early this year?

I googled it ...
"One of the factors determining the early date of Easter in 2008 is the leap year. Since February, 2008 had 29 days instead of the usual 28, the vernal equinox arrives a day earlier, on March 20 instead of March 21. It also so happens that the Full Moon in this month lands on March 21, earlier than in most years. Since March 21 is a Friday, the following Sunday is March 23, and it is on this date that Easter is celebrated in 2008. "

I thought it had to do with the sales at Macy's!

I haven't dyed eggs or iced cookies~ I'd better hop to it.
Happy Easter y'all!
Sandi

10 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great simple explanation! Now if you can just explain the Easter Bunny and what he has to do with Easter and dyed 'chicken' eggs. Happy Easter.

Tonja said...

I hope I am going to be able to hit some of those Easter sales at Macy's while I am in B'ham! So, leave a little behind for me!

Hope your Easter is filled with great and wonderful goodies...like jelly beans, and chocolate bunnies, and Reese's eggs, and of course, Peeps!

May God bless your day with love and laughter!

Your friend, Tonja

Anonymous said...

We were wondering how it c ame to be so early. Now we know! Thanks!

Have a happy Easter.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Sandi,
Hope you and your family have a wonderfully blessed Easter!

Smiles,
Sandy ;)

Gumbo Lily said...

I've been hopping to it all day until my oven and range quit just as I put a cake in. Ah well, we'll use the electric roaster for the ham tomorrow.

Easter Joy!
Jody

Gigi said...

Happy Easter Sandi! I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

What an interesting explanation. I would have never thought Leap Year would have that much influence.
Happy Easter :-)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Simple?
That explanation was anything but simple! =D

j said...

Hubby and I were just talking about that. Thanks for the info.

Your pics are so pretty.

I hope that your Easter was truly blessed, Easter Bonnett or not!

Jennifer

Tami said...

Not only that, but it has not been this early since 1913 and will not be this early again until 2228!

Related Posts with Thumbnails