Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, August 13, 2007

Crabby?

Does this heat make you as crabby as it makes me?

Are you tired of the regular lasagna with a jar of Ragu sauce and hamburger meat? How 'bout a crabmeat lasagna? This is a yummy lasagna that is good enough for company or to fill up a family of 8. It is easy to throw together, then takes an hour to bake. Serve it with a salad and some garlic bread. Crabmeat Lasagna
1 box lasagna noodles
1 can cream of shrimp soup
1# crabmeat
1 pint cottage cheese
8oz veggie cream cheese
1 egg
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 onion chopped
2 Tbs fresh basil
Combine soup, cream cheese, egg, and crab meat. In another bowl combine cheese, diced onion and basil. Precook noodles with olive oil, according to package directions. Lay noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with crab mixture, then cheese mixture. Repeat layers again. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Let stand 10-15 minutes before to serving.

I like the Barilla noodles, they are thin sheets of pasta... almost like homemade.

Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

17 comments:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I like these Barilla noodles, too. Using no-bake noodles has completely changed my approach to lasagna.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

That's a different lasagna. Great idea.
Yes, you could say 104° leaves me crabby! Heck, it's 5am and 85° now. The only way to survive is A/C.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Thanks for visiting me ! I am so happy to find the Whistle Stop...(or maybe not because I am sure your recipes will add more pounds :) )

I'll be back to visit a lot I'm sure and ya'll come back to see me too.

tut-tut said...

Sounds good--and rich!

dot said...

Never tried those noodles. Maybe I should.

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness...that sounds wonderful. I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Sally said...

Hell yes I'm crabby! But that lasagna sounds incredible.

TaunaLen said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it. But I'll be waiting until it cools down. 105 degrees outside means we eat cereal and sandwiches and the stove and oven stay OFF!

mykitcheninhalfcups must not live too far from me. We seem to be in the same weather holding pattern. HOTTER than HOT!

Thanks for a great recipe.

~TaunaLen

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hmmmm. Crabmeat lasagna. I might have to try that.

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh yummy, that looks GREAT!!! And I agree that the Barilla pasta is great. It's what I use!!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I LOVE variations on lasagna - especially seafood! This sounds fantastic!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Lydia~ No bake is the way to go!
1/2 cups~ A/C is the only way to go!
Francie~ glad you found us, come back again
Tut-Tut~ is is rich, on small slice is enough
Dot~ you'll love them!
RPM & Sally~ give it a try
Taunalen~ We must all live in the same jet stream =D
Susan & TW~ it is a change from the traditional lasagna
Cheryl~ Have you tried using it for ravioli? ... that's next

Justabeachkat said...

Oh my goodness. That looks and sounds delish!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

You are so smart. What a great idea for lasagna!

Peabody said...

Mmmm, crab lasagna...sign me up!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... how delish this sounds! YUMMY!!

xo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

totally agree about the no-bake noodles! I love crabmeat! it sounds delicious! i make one with chopped frozen spinach, crumbled feta cheese and ground turkey that is wonderful also. much lighter than regular lasagna :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails